There’s no greater thrill than the wind on your face as you zoom down the highway at high speed. It’s exhilarating because it reminds you that you’re alive. The only thing that needs to be added is your favorite music.
But don’t fret, your search for the perfect Bluetooth speakers for motorcycles is now a thing of the past. I’ve compiled a list of the top Bluetooth speakers for motorcycles, and hopefully, you’ll discover the one that suits you best.
The Top 5 Most Versatile Bluetooth Speakers for Motorcycles
1. BOSS MCBK420B
- BLUETOOTH: Play and control a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly
- AMPLIFIER: A Bluetooth, compact, weatherproof, class D amplifier is included
- WEATHERPROOF: The MCBK420B has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements
- SPEAKERS: Also included are two 3-inch matte black full range speakers. The adjustable brackets will fit handlebars from ranging from .75” to 1.25”
- MEDIA PLAYBACK: A 3.5 mm auxiliary input is compatible with audio outputs of smartphones and MP3 players
Want to travel in style and make a lasting impression? It’s fine to want to look cool while enjoying some great tunes, even if it’s not just for the show. One of my top picks for motorcycle speakers is the awesome BOSS Audio Systems set that will help you stand out.
The BOSS MCBK420B is a motorcycle speaker system that gives you the flexibility you need in a portable sound device. You can connect it to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or the 3.5mm Aux cable. It features two sleek black 3-inch speakers and even includes an FM radio, so you can have your background music ready to roll. Once these speakers are set up, you can crank up your favourite tunes as you cruise around town.
Plus, it has a remote volume control that you can place in a safe and convenient spot, allowing you to adjust the volume while riding at high speeds. Describing the BOSS MCBK420B as a seriously powerful motorcycle speaker system might be an understatement. It packs a built-in amplifier that can pump out an impressive 600 watts. So, add the BOSS MCBK420B to your wish list because it’s undoubtedly one of the best motorcycle speakers.
2. Bose SoundLink Micro – Best Compact
- BOSE WATERPROOF SPEAKER: Small but powerful, the Bose SoundLInk Micro Bluetooth speaker produces loud, clear sound with shockingly deep bass. It packs a custom-designed transducer and passive radiators for crisp, balanced sound, WATERPROOF AND DUSTPROOF (IP67)
- TEAR-RESISTANT STRAP: This small portable speaker comes equipped with an easy-to-use, tear-resistant silicone strap. Secure it to your backpack, beach cooler, or handlebars, and the reliable strap will hold tight through shocks and shakes
- RUGGED OUTDOOR SPEAKER: Constructed from durable materials, including a rubberized silicone exterior, SoundLink Micro resists drops, dents, cracks, and scratches. Plus, its soft-touch finish almost never shows a mark
- WATERPROOF SPEAKER: The SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker has been rigorously tested to meet an IP67 rating. It’s waterproof, dustproof, and protected from extreme temperatures, liquids, and other substances
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY: This small outdoor speaker comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery. Enjoy up to 6 hours of music and charge anytime via the included Micro-USB cable
Want to travel like a pro with Bose? My apologies for the mix-up earlier. Now, let’s talk about a unique pick. Unlike the BOSS speaker I mentioned earlier, this one’s from Bose, and it’s their smallest and most affordable speaker on the market (also the smallest on this list). These compact handlebar speakers can belt out some serious sound to keep you company on your rides.
It’s incredibly compact, practically indestructible, and super portable. You can easily hang it on your bag or bike, and you’re good to go. It measures just 1.4 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches and weighs a mere 0.64 lbs. The entire speaker is wrapped in durable rubber and boasts an IPX-7 rating, which means it can be submerged in water at a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes without a problem. While Bose didn’t officially claim it’s drop-proof, I can vouch for its toughness after seeing it take a tumble from my bike without a scratch. This little guy is built to last and can handle some rough handling.
3. Kuryakyn 2720 MTX – Best High-End
- Universal articulating mounting clamps fit virtually any bars between 7/8" and 1-1/2", brackets are patent pending; Watch install video for in depth installation instructions.Waterproof : Yes
- Internal 4-channel amp powers two 2" x 3" full-range speakers with dual voice coils; Four high-frequency 1" silk dome tweeters with N42 grade magnets for powerful distortion-free sound at any volume level
- 4.1 Bluetooth receiver allows wireless connectivity to any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or music device; Auxiliary input and output ports connect standard devices via 3.5 mm cable
- Durable IP66-rated housing is weather-resistant; Built-in heat sink and self-protection circuit combat excessive heat and over/under voltage regulation
- Motorcycle handlebar mounted sound bar with 300 watt peak power and 1.0 Amp USB charging port; Speaker measures 10.6" L x 2.9" diameter, bracket measures 6" L x 3" in diameter; Mounted speaker stands approximately 5.25” from center of handlebar
The Kuryakyn 2720 MTX speaker made quite a splash when it first hit the scene, quickly becoming a favourite among motorcycle enthusiasts worldwide. This shouldn’t be a surprise, considering it comes from Kuryakyn, a top-notch company with 29 years of experience crafting aftermarket motorcycle parts and accessories. You and your friends are cruising down the highway at top speed.
Everyone’s having a blast, but you still feel like something’s missing. A fantastic speaker can take this scenario from good to great, and that’s where the Kuryakyn 2720 MTX comes in. It also features a 4-channel amplifier and powerful 2/3-inch full-range motorcycle speakers. The 300-watt amplifier ensures top-notch sound quality, capturing every tone perfectly. Plus, it’s conveniently mounted on your handlebars, and you won’t have to worry about charging it because it’s taken care of by the USB port.
4. LEXIN LX-Q3 – Best Runner-Up
- 【Heavy Duty & Handlebar Fitment】 With bullet shape metallic housing and polished chrome treatment, the LX-Q3 is a motorcycle bluetooth speakers that fit the motorcycle handlebar size from 7/8 inch to 1 1/4 inch.
- 【Stereo & Bass Premium Sound Quality】In order for you to hear the music clearly at 75mph-80mph high-speed riding, LX-Q3 is equipped with a 150W bluetooth speakers for motorcycle. And you can also enjoy the stereo sound or bass audio quality by double-clicking the Volume Down Button to cycle and change the sound effect mode.
- 【IP67 Water Resistance】This bluetooth speakers for motorcycle handlebars features an incredible IP67 waterproof design that is easily protected against moisture from rain, splashed water, fog, and other elements.
- 【Bluetooth v5.1 Connectivity& Audio Stream】Built-in the Bluetooth v5.1 smart chip, this motorcycle sound system supports streaming music from your phone or other bluetooth devices wirelessly. Or you can enjoy the other two modes like the FM to receive the radios, or just connect your USB stick with the USB port to play the music.
- 【Atmosphere ligh t& Signal Runing Light】Equipped with the unique atmosphere light, LX-Q3 bluetooth motorcycle speakers will make your bike cooler in the dark. After being connected to the wire of the motorcycle light, it can also be a signal light following your riding direction to flash.
The Lexin Q3 Bluetooth motorcycle speakers bring you clear and crisp sound and the versatility of playing various audio formats. These speakers add an elegant and upscale look to your bike and promise an unforgettable riding experience.
Lexin motorcycle speakers sport a sleek metallic finish and are available in black and chrome colours, allowing you to choose the one that matches your bike’s style. They can easily fit onto your handlebars due to their compact size, measuring from 7/8 to 1.25 inches. Shaped like bullet mounts, these speakers deliver rich stereo audio, providing an incredible music experience while on the road.
5. JBL Cruise PWSSPKCRUISEAM – Best Overall
- Built in amplifier, Bluetooth receiver, and controller. Two wire installation, can't get any easier!
- Built in USB charger to keep your music going for the whole journey.
- Waterproof! Rain or shine, the JBL Cruise will keep the tunes going, in any environment.
- Hardware kits sold separately. PWSACCCRUISEHD Harley Davidson hardware kit. PWSACCCRUISEM10 10MM hardware kit, and PWSACCCRUISEM8 8mm hardware kit are available separately.
If you spot a Bluetooth speaker with the JBL logo, you can be pretty confident it’s good. The JBL Cruise Bluetooth Handlebar Speaker boasts a sleek and compact design, making it a fantastic choice for any motorcyclist. It’s perfect for enjoying music while cruising on the highway or country roads.
These motorcycle speakers come with two 2.5-inch speaker mounts on the handlebars. JBL is a well-known and trusted name in the world of motorcycle speakers and sound systems, and their expertise shines through in the meticulous design and construction of these top-notch speakers.
One standout feature is the mirror integration mounting, but installation on some bikes might be challenging. If you encounter any difficulties, don’t hesitate to contact JBL support for assistance—they’ll be more than happy to help.
There are several factors to consider when looking for the best Bose Bluetooth speaker. Sound quality is one of the most crucial considerations when purchasing a Bluetooth speaker. Select a speaker with a good frequency response, which measures the speaker’s range of usable frequencies. From low to high frequencies, a good speaker should be able to produce them all without distortion. Another crucial aspect is battery life, particularly if you intend to use your speaker continuously.
A Bluetooth speaker’s size and portability are also things to think about. Look for a smaller, more portable model if you intend to use your speaker on the go. A bigger, more potent model might be a better option if you intend to use your speaker mostly at home. It is also crucial to take connectivity into account. To connect to your devices, your speaker should be capable of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other wireless protocols.
The speaker’s duration should also be considered. If you want a speaker to last, choose one that is well-built and made of high-quality materials. Some speakers may even be shockproof or waterproof, making them ideal for outdoor or other challenging environments.
Do you need an amp for motorcycle speakers?
A top-notch, high-power amplifier is required if you want to increase the sound system’s volume without having it distort. Like with speakers, evaluating an amplifier’s quality based on power ratings is always a mistake.
What is the motorbike’s sound threshold?
The result will be something above 50 for (almost) all motors, so the maximum sound level for motorcycles is 77 dB.
Why are motorcycles so loud?
Motorcycles are notoriously loud due to their open engine design, the size of most mufflers, and the length of exhaust pipes. The lack of residence time for air, exhaust to slow down, and the lack of an engine compartment to enclose and muffle the sound all contribute to its loudness.